Washington Academy focuses on student-centered excellence through autonomous learning that emphasizes ownership and responsibility for personal growth. This vision will develop independent, critical thinkers who will become the global, competitive leaders of tomorrow.
Washington Academy will achieve its vision through:
- Emphasizing interdisciplinary learning in the following areas: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM).
- Balancing the school calendar in order to minimize regression.
- Promoting innovative ideas through project based learning and advanced technology.
- Bridging classroom experiences with the real world through community partnerships.
- Mentoring with STEM professionals to enhance curricular and intersession experiences.