Belvidere Community Unit School District #100 has a seat available on the Board of Education for a term ending April, 2019. Legal qualifications include:
1. Citizen of the United States for at least (1) year;
2. 18 years of age or older;
3. Resident of the State of Illinois and District #100 for at least one (1) year;
4. Registered voter;
5. Not holding the position of school trustee or school treasurer; and
6. Candidate cannot reside in Belvidere Township.
Such persons may be ineligible for Board of Education membership by reason of other public office held or certain types of state or federal employment.
Interested persons should submit the following:
1.Letter of interest indicating why they would like to be considered for the vacancy on the Board of Education; and
2.Resume outlining the qualities they would bring to the Board of Education.
Please submit letter and resume to Mr. Robert Torbert, President, Board of Education, Belvidere Community Unit School District #100, 1201 Fifth Avenue, Belvidere, Illinois 61008.
The deadline for receiving letters is June 29, 2018.