Wednesday, August 2 at 5:30pm = Fall Sports Meeting
- 6th, 7th & 8th grade students interested in participating in a fall sport should attend this meeting with a parent/guardian. The meeting will be held in the South Middle School gymnasium. 6th grade students can participate in Cross Country, while 7th and 8th grade students can participate in Football, Girls' Volleyball, Cross Country, Soccer, V=Cheerleading or Poms.
Wednesday, August 3 from 5:30-6:30pm = Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) Meeting
- This meeting will be held in the SMS library. The meeting is open to all South Middle School parents interested in learning about the PVO.
August 3-11 = School Open for Schedule Pickup
- Student schedules will be available for pickup on weekdays during this period. The office will be open from 7:30am-3pm with extended hours on Thursday, August 3 until 7pm. In order to pick up your child's schedule, the following must be completed:
- Online Registration must be completed.
- Student Emergency Card completed for the nurse
August 3-11 = School Tours
- Students and parents may tour the building and place items in lockers between the hours of 7:30am-3pm with extended hours on Thursday, August 3 until 7pm.
Tuesday, August 15 = 6th Grade Orientation and 7th & 8th Grade Open House
- Students and their parents will be given the opportunity to walk their schedule, meet their teachers and place items in their locker according to the schedule below:
- 4:30-6pm - 6th Grade Only
- 6-7:15pm - 7th & 8th Grade Only
Thursday, August 17 = First Day of School!