Welcome to Belvidere High School!
We are very excited you will be joining us as a Buc. Below are the steps you should take to complete the course selection process to start at BHS for the 2017-2018 school year.
- If you haven't already, please obtain a copy of your transcript from your previous high school. An unofficial copy is all we need to get started on assessing where you stand with credits towards graduation and what courses we need to enroll you at BHS. If you are an incoming Freshman, obtaining a copy of the courses you were recommended to take as a Freshman at your previous school will help our counselors to correctly place you in courses at BHS.
- Look through the 2017-2018 High School Course Catalog to see the course options available at BHS. A copy of the catalog can be viewed here. This guide provides a listing of all courses offered at BHS along with course descriptions.
- Please complete a course selection worksheet for 2017-2018 school year. These forms will be given to you at the time of enrollment but may also be obtained here. Mark all required courses and then choose elective courses in the spaces indicated. Students may take a maximum of 7 credits per year or may take a minimum of 6 credits with a study hall. Students who will be Juniors or Seniors may also request an early release or late start in place of a study hall.
- Please email your assigned counselor to schedule a time to meet with him/her to select your classes for next year. Counselors are assigned to students based on their last name. Please note that counselors do not work during the summer, so please be patient while waiting for a respose:
- A fourth counselor will be joining BHS in the 2017-2018 school year and student counselor assignment will be adjusted at a later date
The counselors have scheuled Friday, August 11, 2017 as a new student enrollment day. Please call call Lynn Saso at 815-547-4635 to schedule an appointment on this day.
- Plan to attend orientation for new students on August 14, 2017 at 6pm. This will be an opportunity to meet the administration of BHS, learn about policies and procedures and take a tour of the high school.