Training sessions have begun for next year's Peer Support team.
The Peer Support team helps students feel connected to BCMS. Some of their duties include:
- giving tours to students new to BCMS
- helping with bullying prevention and other school-wide lessons/activities
- helping students with special needs
- welcoming 5th graders during their visit in the Spring
- representing students for PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports)
Peer Support beginning training for all interested 6th, 7th, and 8th graders started in March. Training involves learning the concepts of conflict resolution, diversity, culture awareness, and other types of helping skills. Beginning training will be held weekly from 8-8:30am in the BCMS library on March 7, and is continuing every Tuesday: March 21, and April 4, 11, 28. Students must attend 5 out of the 6 trainings to be considered for the Advanced Peer Support team. All interested students can sign up for Beginning Peer Support training on the sign-up sheet on Mrs. Repka's door in the counseling area.