Thank you to the parents that attended our PVO Meeting this week! Our next meeting is scheduled for February 21 at 3:30.
BCMS already has many wnderful parent volunteers who step up when needed. But it has been a while since there was an official Parent Volunteer Organization. In case you missed the first meetings, some topics discussed were:
- Opportunities for communication between school and home via websites, weekly email blasts, newsletters and Facebook updates
- The desire/need for parent informational meetings on how to use/navigate Canvas and Google
- The roles of CMS personnel (who to go to for what)
- Tips for transition from 5th to 6th grade,from 8th to 9th grade, and for new students.
- The ways parents can get involved at CMS. Throughout the year there are various opportunities for parents to help out the students such as PBIS Popcorn Days, PBIS TRREK store dates, Dances, Sport and Club volunteers and many more!
Please consider joining us on February 21 and join the fun!! And keep watching for updates as the PVO evolves.